Gnumeric for windows as portable app

Hey all,

Recently, I discovered the portable app phenomenon, for windows apps
loaded onto usb flash drives. The idea is that such apps are run from
the drive without having any need to interact with the windows registry
or any other system on the machine itself. This enables users to run the
apps even if they don't have elevated priviliges.

Is the windows port of gnumeric configured in a way that will allow it
to run in this way? If not, is there any reason to prevent this? I
suspect a portable gnumeric for windows would be a great way to expose
the project to a wider audience.

Of course I realize that the windows port is yet another labour of love
and that it demands yet more of that time that no one has...:-)

--adrian