Re: Gnumeric 1.7.9 Released

On Mon, 2007-23-04 at 13:48 -0400, Morten Welinder wrote:
Free, Fast, Accurate -- Pick Any Three!

The Gnumeric team is proud to announce the release of Gnumeric 1.7.9,
a development release. This release requires the concurrently released
Goffice 0.3.8, see below.

With this release we (well, Andreas) have switched from gnome-print to
GtkPrint and in the process fixed a large number of bugs caused by
gnome-print. Undoubtedly we have a new set of bugs caused by GtkPrint,
but there is some hope that GtkPrint will be better maintained than
gnome-print ever was. Note: gnome-print is still linked in via
goffice, but this will change.

In addition, this release uses the GtkRecentManager to handle
recently-used documents and should thus interact better with Gnome.

    * Andreas
          o Switch to gtk print from gnome-print. (Expect some feature
regression).

Perhaps users should be warned more explicitly. While you now can print
in landscape etc., if you "upgrade" to this version you will loose the
ability to set margins, specify header and footer information, print
repeated rows or columns and virtually anything else you used to set in
the old page-setup dialog.

These things will all return but have not yet been implemented using
gtkprint.

Andreas