Re: Cursor and charts for this address)

On 13/09/2006 10:56 PM, gnumeric-list 9 osterizer spamgourmet com wrote:
Jean Bréfort - jean brefort normalesup org wrote:
Le mercredi 13 septembre 2006 à 11:40 +0700, Herb Desson a écrit :
Dear All,

I have 2 questions I can't answer from the documentation:
1.  How do I control the movement of the cursor when I press enter?  It
seems to be locked into moving downward.
It is. You should use the arrows instead of enter.

If you first highlight a range of cells, and then start keying data, separated by the enter key, the cursor moves through the range, traveling down through the column, and then moving right to the next column.

So, for example, if you highlighted cells A1:C3, then the enter key moves the cursor like so:

A1 -> B1 -> C1 -> A2 -> B2 -> C2 -> A3 -> B3 -> C3.

So if you want to force the enter key to move the cursor to the right instead of down, highlight a row before entering your data.

Call me crazy, but I use the Tab key :-)