Re: How do you create win32 packages of gnumeric?

Hi Christian,

Christian Stimming wrote:

Dear gnumeric people,

you are providing win32 binary packages of gnumeric on
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/downloads.shtml, which is very
cool. Could you explain to me (and the gnucash developers) how you have
created these packages?
They are created using makensis. All binaries are compiled with cross-mingw compiler on linux.

As for GnuCash on win32/mingw, we are now able to compile it from source
and install it locally, provided all the other requirements (including
gtkhtml, libgsf, and goffice) have been installed beforehand. How do you
deal with this problem in gnumeric on win32? Do you have some scripts or
setup compilers that package it all for you? Do you think you could send
a copy of these scripts to us? That would help a lot.
I have a NSIS script to generate those setup executes. IMO it's badly written. Apart from goffice, libgsf, libgnome*, all other packages are the same as those on http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/. I will send you the NSIS script privately. May be we can discuss the matter on #gnumeric.

Oh, and by the way: Is it possible to have another goffice release quite
soon?
Can you ship with the CVS version of it first?

The 0.3.0 one doesn't compile on win32/mingw, but I saw the CVS
code has probably fixed all of these difficulties.
I will make sure all related packages are compilable on win32 (even with MSVC which helps debugging a lot) when there's a new release. Unfortunately I am quite busy recently.

Cheers,
Ivan.