From: Morten Welinder [mailto:mwelinder gmail com]
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 12:07 PM
To: Haidinyak, Chris
Cc: gnumeric-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Performance issue when copying large areas

    I am using gnumeric a lot for large spreadsheets and have found
that its performance suffers drastically when I copy large areas (20
cols x 1000
rows) to different areas of a spreadsheet. This degradation of
performance continues and/or worsens unless I reset the copy area to a

single cell. Is this easy to fix? Anyway, thanks for a great product !

This is the first I hear of such a problem, i.e, copying causing
slowdowns.
Please open a bug report over at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/

I would be very helpful if you could supply a sample file and precise
instructions that cause the problem for you.

Morten