Can't create new menu, pls help. (v1.6.2)

I have been trying to create a new menu (for a new feature).  It would
seem a straightforward modification of two files (the XML UI
description and wbcg-actions), but my changes have no visible effect.

The goal is a new "Triggers" menu between "Data" and "Help", with one
"Edit Triggers" menuitem inside.  I have attached a patch of the few
lines of code that seemingly should throw up the new menu, but in fact
do nothing.

Any advice on what I am overlooking or not understanding would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tammo