problem compiling on Suse 9.3 {Scanned}

Hi all,

I have "Gnumeric" installed and running, (installed with Suse).

I found out that I could increase the number of rows. By making a
small change and then compiling.

I downloaded the source. I have made the change in "gnumeric.h"
"SHEET_MAX_ROWS" to (128*1024).
I think that is correct.

Now my problem. When I run "configure" it is saying I am missing the
following. I believe I have all of this. (this is the tail-end of the
configure)

checking for GTK... Package libart-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libart-2.0.pc'
Package 'libart-2.0', required by 'libgnomeprint-2.2', not found
configure: error: Package requirements (
        gtk+-2.0                >= 2.6.0
        libglade-2.0            >= 2.3.6
        libgnomeprint-2.2       >= 2.8.2
        libgnomeprintui-2.2     >= 2.8.2
        libart-2.0              >= 2.3.11
) were not met:

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GTK_CFLAGS
and GTK_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Best regards,
 Tony                          mailto:tschmitz distcorp com

believed to be clean.