RE: using custom classes

Le jeudi 07 décembre 2006 à 19:21 +0100, sylvain a écrit :
Hi,

I tried this
<menu name="Tools" action="MenuTools">

in the UI definition file to
<menu> name="Mine" action="AllMine">

but in the first case i have a second Tools menu and the second case
didn't work.

I cut and paste the code of the Example 1 of :
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkUIManager.html, the
toolbar is correctly create but there is no new menu.

You should have a look at the plugins which declare some ui service such
as gnome-db and python-loader.

Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:09:54 +0100
From: hellan acm org
To: bw_syl hotmail com
CC: gnumeric-list gnome org
Subject: Re: using custom classes

sylvain wrote:
I'm sorry to disturb you again, but in your example, you're adding
menuitem in an existing menu, do you know how to create a new menu
in
the menubar ?

Thanks a lot :)

I'm replying to the list, so others can google for the info in the
future. Hope you don't mind.

The menu definition is GtkUIManager UI definition file, see
"http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkUIManager.html";.
Scroll
down to example 1.

In my plugin, the file is transpose.xml.

And 'Transpose' in these lines in Python:
transpose_ui_actions = {
'Transpose': f_transpose,
}

matches <menuitem action="Transpose"/>
in the UI definition file.

To make a new menu, you simply change

<menu name="Tools" action="MenuTools">

in the UI definition file to
<menu> name="Mine" action="AllMine"><menu name="Tools"
action="MenuTools">

in the UI definition file to
<menu> name="Mine" action="AllMine">

(I hope - I didn't test)

the PyGtk documentation is at http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2reference/.
The
Gtk documentation is at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/index.html. The
documentation
for the Python support in Gnumeric is at

http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/doc/sect-extending-python.shtml.

Jon