Re: How to use the LINEST function?

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 07:47:43 +0200
Jean Bréfort <jean brefort normalesup org> wrote:

Le vendredi 18 août 2006 à 01:39 -0300, John Coppens a écrit :
Hi all...

Please, a hand!

I've tried to use the LINEST function, and I can only get the M
coefficient. THe docs say it is supposed to return two cols by one
row, so I tried to select two adjecent cells, and call LINEST again.

I've tried to find manuals for other ss's, and tried it that way,
no luck... only the first coefficient appears.

The LINEST function returns an array. Use Ctrl+Shift+Enter as explained
in section 5.2.4.5 of the documentation
(http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/doc/sect-data-formulas.html).

Merci Jean!

I must have missed that... It would be handy to include a hyperlink from
the LINEST function though.

This seems to be different from the 'spreadsheet that limit your
options', where simply a range is selected before entering the formula.
No Ctrl-Shift-Enter. (Note: I'm not criticising)

Again, thanks.
John