Re: Still no column/row labels

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:25:12 -0600
"Andreas J. Guelzow" <aguelzow taliesin ca> wrote:

On Fri, 2006-11-08 at 14:55 -0300, John Coppens wrote:
Hi all.

A couple of weeks ago, I reported that col/row labels had disappeared
(then, they showed as the special character hex codes squares -which
they weren't- now they don't show at all. I'll have to re-install
gnumeric I guess, but before that, is there some external
factor/configuration item that can influence on the disappearance of
these labels?

I would think that most likely this has nothing to do with Gnumeric but
with the unavailability of the font chosing by gtk for those widgets. Or
it could be the result of the chosen theme, etc. In my opinion the least
likely problem is gnumeric (and so it is unlikely that reinstalling it
will chnage anything.)

Andreas

Hallo Andreas,

Thanks for the reply. I had already tried several fonts, but for some
reason none worked. The one I had installed now was 'MS sans serif' and
showed nothing at all. The stranged thing is that all the rest of
gnumeric worked fine - no exception - for example, the coordinate box
shows the rol/col correctly. Why? Is there a special requisite for the
col/row headers?

Anyway, I experimented a bit more and found a font that works.

Again, thanks,
John