Batch convert gnumeric to TSV

Greetings.

I maintain a spreadsheet with Gnumeric.  I want to be able to use the data
in the spreadsheet from a shell script (using awk).  The easiest way of
manipulating the data from the shell script is if it's in tab-separated
values (TSV) format.  I'd prefer not to have to go through the lengthy
export-to-text process in Gnumeric every time I update the spreadsheet;
I'd rather that my shell script do this for me.

I could write something in XSL to convert the native Gnumeric XML file to
TSV, but maybe there's an easier way.  Specifically:

1) Is there any way of invoking Gnumeric from the command line so that it
loads a particular spreadsheet, exports it to TSV format, and quits?

2) If not, has someone else already written a freely available program or
XSL template which converts Gnumeric XML to TSV?

Regards,
Tristan

--
   _
  _V.-o  Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)]  ><  Space is limited