Re: command line .tsv importing

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Jason Frinchaboy wrote:

I have a file with as .tsv extension containing tab separated values.

One thing to note is that ".tsv" is not anywhere recognized as an informative filename suffix, AFAIK.

The standard thing, I believe, is to name such files as ".csv" and trust to the smarts of the program trying to open them, to figure out if the "c" is really a comma, or perhaps a tab, or perhaps a space.

Where did this ".tsv" file come from?

Allin Cottrell