controlling gui through macros and default start-up macros

Hi all,

First, thanks for gnumeric -- I use it a lot and enjoy the speed and
versatility.

When using gnumerc, I often find myself doing repetitive gui tasks at
startup (change zoom settings to 75%, freeze-panes at some position).
In the spirit of Unix, I really want to have this scripted. I looked
at the docs for the python bindings, but could not find anything on

1. controlling the gui (i.e. changing zoom settings)
2. making some script run at start-up

Any help would be appreciated. Please direct any email to me since I
am not currently subscribed to the list

Thanks again,
Shai