Automatic generation of hyperlinks.

Hey ho.

I have a spreadsheet associated with a set of files.  Each column in
the sheet has a corresponding file, and the name of that file is found
in a particular row (the first row).

I want the name to have a hyperlink for opening the file.  So, for
instance, if the entry in B1 is "Blah", then I want a hyperlink to
"file:///path/to/Blah".

Yeah, I can do this by hand, but I shouldn't have to.  Is there some
handy way to automatically generate these hyperlinks?

Thanks.

--
"Naomi Klein reports that Microsoft is helping develop e-government in
Iraq, 'which Dees admits is a little ahead of the curve, since there