Re: configure/compile problem

On Tue, 2005-20-09 at 02:04 -0400, Morten Welinder wrote:
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... gpp
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether gpp accepts -g... no
checking dependency style of gpp... none
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

Clearly not a Gnumeric problem per se, but throw config.log
my way and I will have a look at what is going on.

Hi,

On David Stanaway's suggestion I double checked whether I indeed had the
debian g++ package installed and it turned out that it got lost at one
of the last upgrades. Installing it fixed the problem.

I still don't understand why configuring gnumeric should require C++.

Thanks for the help to everybody!

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow