Re: configure/compile problem

Le lundi 19 septembre 2005 à 20:42 -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow a écrit :
I used to code some stuff for gnumeric. lately I don't have much time
for that and when I do I usually just waste that time trying to get
gnumeric to compile. For example in the moment I am stuck at:

checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... gpp
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether gpp accepts -g... no
checking dependency style of gpp... none
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

This is on a quad opteron with a pretty recent debian sid AMD64
installation. And of course does it have the GNU C++ compiler, in fact
gcc 3.3, gcc 3.4 and gcc 4.0 with gcc being really gcc 4.0.

Now, if I run autogen as:
aguelzow opteron:/var/development/aguelzow/gnome-cvs/gnumeric$
GCC=/usr/bin/gcc-3.4 ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr

then it just croaks a few moments later:
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... gpp
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether gpp accepts -g... no
checking dependency style of gpp... none
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

This is not specific to gnumeric. I do not know which macro assumes in
some cases that cpp is in /lib, while it is generally in /usr/lib.
I fixed this problem with
ln -sf /usr/bin/cpp /lib/cpp