Re: In-cell drop-down list?

On 10/25/05, Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 11:22:15AM -0400, Steve wrote:
Hi,

I've created an excel sheet with in-cell dropdown lists (click in the
cell and a drop-down list appears, which you can select from,
inserting the value into that cell). When I open this sheet in
Gnumeric (1.4.2 in Ubuntu Hoary), there is no dropdown. Is there a way
to get a drop-down list in Gnumeric?

Unfortunately not.
We can probably re-use the code from autofilters but no one has
tried as yet.  The hooks are there in the validation code.  We
actually load and persist the data for it.

OK, so now my question gets more complicated... :-)

1. I have a list of approximately 12 names.

2. I want to quickly be able to select anywhere from 1 to 6 random
names and perform a calculation based on which names are selected
(using vlookup).

3. I then require the ability to quickly de-select and select names at random.

Is there a way to accomplish this? How hard is it (and is it possible)
to create checkboxes or some other rapid boolean selection process?
Hence, my current method utilizing a drop-down list...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Right now I'm using vmware-xp-excel, but I'd love to be able to just
use gnumeric in linux! :-)

Thanks!

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org