Re: curve fitting?

Le jeudi 16 juin 2005 à 08:11 +0200, wen a écrit :
Hi,
is there a possibility to do curve-fitting within  (or outside) a
gnumeric-chart? I can't find that function nor any information on the
web (and the mails in this list i found about that topic are at least 3
years old).

What i mean:
I plotted data points in a chart and would like gnumeric to plot -for
example- the polynomial of second order that fits best (and to output
the parameters of that polynom).

I am using gnumeric 1.5.1.

Linear curve fitting in scatter plots is available in the CVS version
(and will be in 1.5.2). Polynomial and other fits will come later. It is
not difficult to implement, but available time is missing.
To add a fit, you select the series in the guru and click the "Add"
button.
The equation can be displayed within the graph, but not accessed from
the sheet.

Best regards,
Jean