"Fixing" a row in a sheet

Hi Gurus ;)

I have a user question - is it possible (and if yes, how?) to "fix" a
row (or a set of cells in 1 or more rows) in a sheet so when you
scroll down, it stays on the top of the screen? I'm looking for a
functionality like in M$ Excel..

I have a loooong table (lots of rows) - it's basically a "spending
sheet" where the columns are described in the first row. I'm seeking
something which will allow me to see the descriptions all the time
without scrolling up several pages... :(

Thanks
Marc