Re: mac and gnumeric

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 04:41:04PM +0100, giorgio l wrote:
Hi guys. I tried for the 5th time in a year to install fink
but it simply doesn't' work. i know I can spend money to get
a old version of gnumeric for mac with open os xoffice, but
I warmly invite you to think about the fact that abiword is
already available for mac (and it works very well) and most
important, that gnumeric could become the default
spreadsheet for mac users as we don't' have any decent
spreadsheet software on this os. any chance to make a
version for it?

While I'd love to have a more out of the box solution there are
several snags.

- The OS X port of gtk does not seem to be progressing quickly
- None of the current contributors have or use macs
- My attempts to contact Apple to get some assitance have been
  basicly ignored.

Right now Open OSX and their port of 1.4.0 (I really need to get
them to move to 1.4.1) is the simplest choice.