Re: Is =concatenate("a",,a) valid?

David Stanaway wrote:

I do not get this, I get #NAME? since a is undefined.

http://www.stanaway.net/~david/gnumeric/concatenate-a-a.png

On a fresh sheet I also get #NAME?

Possibly a region is aliased a, or some other magic.

Thx, I will investigate this.

It happend during expanding the test cases of http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/func-tests/textfuns.xls after copying & pasting, creating new sheets, editing in Gnumeric/Linux, OO/WinXP, XL etc. I wonder, if it is some magic, because it did similar crazy things with b or c, and opening the sheet with Gnumeric or OO showed the expected errors.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer