Re: Help Browser can't find documentation

Le samedi 26 février 2005 à 11:59 -0500, J. Patrick Brewer a écrit :
Hello.

I just installed gnumeric 1.4.2 from source on a linux machine. No problems.

After running gnumeric I tried to peruse the documentation via the Help menu, but only  About worked.

In particular when I tried to access Contents, I got the message "The selected document could not be
opened."

When I tried Gnumeric on the Web I got "There was an error launching the default action command associated
with this location.

When I tried Live Assistance, I got "The specified location is invalid."

When I tried Report a Problem, I got "There was an error launching the default action command associated
with this location."

When I tried About, it worked.

I imagine I didn't load the documentation when I installed gnumeric, but I couldn't find such a file at the
gnumeric.org.

I'll appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks for your time.

When you try to access help contents, gnumeric tries to execute:
yelp ${prefix}/share/gnumeric/1.4.2/doc/C/gnumeric.xml

Check if the file exist (it should). If it does not exist, most probably
something went wrong during installation.

Regards,
Jean