Re: Migrating file from the old gnumeric version to the current version

Kernel versions is not the issue.  The problem is that Gnumeric 1.0.x
saved files without encoding.

My copy of gnumeric reads these files file, but I suspect that differences
in libxml2 versions are what is causing you problems.  If we're talking a
small number of files, I can convert them for you.

Before we do that, however, try...

gunzip < my_old.gnumeric | iconv -f ISO8859-1 -t UTF-8 | gzip > my_new.gnumeric

Gnumeric files are compressed xml and the above should do the
conversion on the xml.

Morten