Re: PI()

Quoting Nick Lamb <njl98r ecs soton ac uk>:

As I explained clearly in bug 162682 this isn't a matter of Excel
compatibility

And I know hundreds of gnumeric user who do not care one iota about XL
compatibility but expect functions to behave sensible. So if Gnumeric uses a
function name that has a mathematical tradition preceding the founding of
Microsoft it is reasonable that those users expect those functions to behave
that way.

This has nothing to do with me `understanding' XL functions, or having access to
XL documentations and the XL software. (In fact I do.) As a gnumeric user I do
not want to check XL docs. A typical user will not have access to XL docs,
other than potentially being able to search the MS site. As you pointed out
that the info one receives there is related to VBA (although only the URL
indictates that.)

And if I recall correctly, you suggested that I take this to the mailing list.

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow, Professor & Coordinator
Department of Mathematical & Computing Sciences