Have these been fixed?
- From: Richard Bumby <bumby math rutgers edu>
- To: gnumeric-list gnome org
- Subject: Have these been fixed?
- Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:16:13 -0500
I'm still using gnumeric 1.4.3 in Fedora Core 3 because of a shortage of
time to manage an upgrade (relying on the "devil you know" principle).
Part of upgrading gnumeric appears to require newer versions of some
gnome libraries. This distribution seems locked into gnome 2.8 although
it claims to prefer gnome to KDE (I use KDE and have found an official
upgrade to 3.4.2). When I have more time, I will also join your
bugzilla (or activate a previous membership if I joined at an earlier
time). There are two things that I have noticed:
(1) Copying a cell containing a number like 3.14 to paste in the window
of another application only gives 3 in the clipboard if the cell is in
general format, but shows the part after the decimal point in a number
(2) I was just given some Excel worksheets. They load correctly in
gnumeric, but an attempt to save in gnumeric format crashes gnumeric.
(Bugzilla shows this as an active issue, but the sheets contain
confidential information, so I can't share them. However, I can run
some tests if there is anything to be learned from this old version of
] [Thread Prev