Re: how do I define a date format

Rod Butcher said:
Greetings gnumericsters from Sydney. I need to work with spreadsheets
which have a date column I can sort the entries by. I use dd/mm/ccyy for
date format e.g. 31/12/2005. I haven't managed to define this in
gnumeric for data entry or valiodation.
I went to format cells - date but couldn't find a way to define a new
date format.
I tried defining it just as custom. But couldn't find a way to specify
edit rules for the new "custom" cell rule.
Is dd/mm/ccyy currently not possible, or am I just a klutz ?

Format->cells
select 'Custom' in the pane on the left.
Next to 'Format code:' delete "General" (or whatever is there)
and type 'dd/mm/yyyy' (without the ' quotes)
Done.
HTH
--
Kind regards,