Re: Why would you go and do a thing like this ?

On Friday 26 August 2005 09:53, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 09:07:30AM -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:
On Friday 26 August 2005 08:59, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 01:04:08AM -0500, Rob Ristroph wrote:

        Why don't you make gnumeric at least run without the
        libraries, and only load them with dl() when you actually need
        to play a sound and visit a web site, and make the software be
        politely and functionally silent if it doesn't find them ?

Sounds like you want the gtk version of gnumeric without the gnome
extras.  That would drop most of the libraries you're wondering
about.

I don't see a gtk version listed at gnumeric.org.
From where can the gtk version be downloaded?

It's part of the main tarball.  Just run configure as
    --without-gnome
You'll lose a gconf, and gnome-vfs support.

Thanks. I'm currently running the official OpenBSD port of gnumeric
and I confess, that when I saw how many packages were installed
along with gnumeric, I wanted to cancel the pkg_add immediately.
But now gnumeric runs well so I no longer care about all the extras.
Disk space is cheap.
--
Tired of having to defend against Malware?
(You know: trojans, viruses, SPYWARE, ADWARE,