Re: user defined functions

On 4/16/05, H.C. Meyer at Triton <hmeyer2 triton edu> wrote:
The help files and documentation are silent on if, or how, I can define
my own functions for gnumeric.

The only way right now is to make a plugin.  You can do it either in C
(see plugins/fn-* in the source code) or in python (see plugins/py-func).
You might be able to do it in Perl too.

<middleAgedRant>
When I was in school, we all had time sharing accounts, and wrote
programs to do this. Now all you guys have computers, but I don't think
you can even spell Fortran, much less write programs in it.
</middleAgedRant>

Part of the numerical code in Gnumeric started out life as Fortran.  For some
type of problems, old Fortran code is the best available.  (That, unfortunately,
does not imply that it is particularly good.)

Morten