Re: goffice font selector

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 05:08:52PM +0200, Robert Staudinger wrote:
Hi,

i'm working on a new font selector for abiword ATM. Jody pointed me to
the one that's already in goffice-gtk, so i looked at it. This one
seems to be somewhat out of sync with gtk's own (extra entries for
font and variant, spacings).

Since i'm pretty far already now that i learnd about the goffice
filesel i'm wondering if you would accept to completely replace the
goffice filesel with another implementation based on gtk's. The
changes are minimal
Send a patch and we'll have a look.  As long as it supports the
entries in GOFont the code can certainly be changed.  However, I
can't say I like the gtk / ms-office listbox based approach alot.

extension area (like GtkFileChooser) and made it auto-apply (close
button only). I also wrapped all the changed to the fontsel-widget in
the fontsel-dialog, so it should be convenient to use.

Providing the dialog as a wrapper sounds convenient but we'd
definitely want to allow it to be used as a widget for property
boxes.