Re: Installation problem

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 14:18:47 +0200, Erich Neuwirth wrote:
Thanks to the help from the list i was able to compile and install
1.3.2 on Fedora Core 2.

Now, at startup, I get a lot of error messages like
the following ones.

** (gnumeric:5467): WARNING **: Unable to load key
'/apps/gnumeric/core/defaultfont/size'

Try the following.

Make sure you have the gnumeric-dialogs.schemas, gnumeric-general.schemas
and gnumeric-plugins.schemas files installed in the appropriate location
(/usr/share/gconf/schemas on my Debian system).

Then process them into the gconf system:

SCHEMA_LOCATION=/usr/share/gconf/schemas
SCHEMA_FILES="gnumeric-dialogs.schemas gnumeric-general.schemas gnumeric-plugins.schemas"
for SCHEMA in $SCHEMA_FILES; do
        if [ -e $SCHEMA_LOCATION/$SCHEMA ]; then
                HOME=/root GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-defaul
` \
                        gconftool-2 \
                        --makefile-install-rule $SCHEMA_LOCATION/$SCHEMA > /dev/null
        fi
done

And restart gconfd. On Debian systems and in the GNOME 2.7 development
series, gconfd has been patched to support reloading; "kill -s HUP `pidof
gconfd-2`" suffices then.

HTH,
Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.