Re: Menu adding interface is needed without bonobo.

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 12:49:40AM +0900, Yukihiro Nakai wrote:

I'm tring to implement the Excel features of live web page import.
As the attached screenshot, table selection code is already done based on
gtkhtml. The rest work is the gnumeric side support.

Neat, I'm unclear what you mean by 'live'.  How is this different
than pasting from a webbrowser into gnumeric ?

I want to add the feature as plugin, because I'm not sure gnumeric should
depends on gtkhtml or not. But to add/remove extra menus from plugin, it
needs bonobo but bonobo is disable currently.

So Gnumeric need some interfaces to add/remove extra menus from plugin,
without bonobo. This is a request.

Definitely.  I'm working to get this addressed before 1.4.  I've got
an implementation based on the reworked plugin interfaces in the
libgoffice split.  Unfortunately that change is so large enough that
nothing compiles yet.  I'll post some design notes shortly.