Re: calculation issues with old gnumeric files

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 01:33:03PM -0400, Allin Cottrell wrote:
A heads-up for those using gnumeric 1.3.2 (I think I may have seen a
warning on this from the developers so it's not a complete surprise).

I recently opened, using 1.3.2, a worksheet that I created about a
year ago, with whichever version of gnumeric was then current.  It
looked fine at first, but then I noticed that some of the calculated
results looked odd, and on close inspection they were quite wrong.
Example: the formula "=sum(E2:E24)".  When I re-entered the formula
the result was corrected OK.

Further note: I just experimented some more: re-opened the sheet and
the summations were wrong again.  Did Recalculate and they're right.
Save the sheet, close and re-open it.  Summations wrong again!

This is likely a result of a temporary bug that I introduced when
fixing the handling of blank cells in some cases.  Please check
again with cvs or 1.3.92 when it comes out.  I think we've nailed
all of them now.