text to columns w/parens

Here's something I encountered while converting text to columns with Gnumeric 1.2.8 on Suse 9.1.

A simple case is a cell containing  "xxx(yyy)zzz". I want to split this text into three separate cells with xxx,yyy,zzz.

In Excel, I first configure Data/Text-to-Columns with delimiter '(' which leaves two cells with "xxx", "yyy)zzz". Then I go through the same procedure with delimiter ')' to end up with xxx,yyy,zzz.

This does not work as expected on my gnumeric installation using the configurable text exporter.  Instead, I end up with cells containing permutations of what I want and the original string. Please let me know if there is a way to do this.

Jay

Do you Yahoo!?