Re: Cell Categories/Description link in Excel 2003

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 07:40:11AM -0500, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
FYI

I wacked a coworker spread sheet with Gnumeric by saving it as xls from
Gnumeric 1.2.5. Their is some cell category support that I was not aware
off. Basically it is a little link in the cell that when the mouse goes
over it, another field pops up with details about what is in that cell.
He was using Office 2003.

Also was able to confirm this on my dev box running 1.2.8.

Sounds like a hyperlink or an input message ?
It's hard to say.  Can you get us a copy of the original file ?
Our standard confidentiallity policy can appliy if desired.

Thanks
Confidentiallity policy

0) The workbook is kept local to the developer it is sent to
1) As soon as the problem is replicated or fixed the file is deleted
   and the source is notified.
2) If it is necessary to get additional developer assistance the
   source is queried for permission on each instance.
3) File can be encrypted with password exchanged via a different
   mechanism, or file can be put up for download in obscure or
   protected location (at source's preference)