Plots

Hi Folks
I have a very silly question but cannot find the solution myself (not via
google nor the gnumeric docs)
I want to simply make an x,y plot. How can I assign data to  X ?

whenever I highlight two columns I get two data series in the graph line; X is
then the row numbers??

greetings

EG

ps I am using gnumeric 1.2.6
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx--------------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x  Eildert Groeneveld currently at:                        x