Re: gnumeric for Windows

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 11:16:08AM -0500, Alan G Isaac wrote:
I teach at an institution where most students use some
flavor of Windows.  In some courses, I would like to teach
my students certain aspects of spreadsheet use.  Although I
make a few exceptions, I am generally unwilling to
incorporate training in proprietary software use into my
courses.  Therefore I have so far left spreadsheet use out
of these courses.

About three years ago, talk about a gnumeric port to Windows
was reasonably active.  I have not been able to find any
recent evidence of a forthcoming port, hopefully due to not
knowing where to look.  Where do things stand?

We're withing days of removing the last dependency tying us to
libraries not available under win32.  I had hoped to have a port by,
today.  Clearly that's not quite feasible but it's not too far off.