grid lines

I have compiled Gnumeric-1.2.8,10, and 12 from source on the same platform (in this case LinuxFromScratch-5.1, but also on modified Mandrake-8.1 and Krud-7.3 installations).

Configure and build were normal and everything seems to work, except that grid lines do not appear in the print preview on Gnumeric-1.2.10 or 12, nor will they print, although the "print grid lines" box is selected. Grid lines do show up in the print preview on Gnumeric-1.2.8 and print correctly.

I always compiled with the same modifiers to Configure; just prefix and disable-nls.

Has anyone else had this problem?, and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks,
Ron