Text import (was: Gnumeric and RHEL3)

I can import a file but the widget to parse the data is a big ugly nasty
thing, nothing like I had used before on RedHat 9 (gnumeric-1.0.12-3).

The 1.2 text import is a reimplementation.  I'm, sorry you don't like it.
Perhaps you could put up a screenshot somewhere so we can see if it is
somehow malformed.

If it isn't, well, then you are going to have to be more specific about
what it is that you don't like.  bugzilla.gnome.org would be the right
place for that.

The dialog is known to be big.  It's not to irritate you, but to make
room for interactive selection of lots of things that 1.0.x never got
right.  Character encoding, for example.

Morten