named range problem

Here's a problem I'm having with named ranges.

I define two columns of numbers as named ranges, say
num1 and num2. Then I can define other cells in the
same row with formulas like num1+num2. This works
fine.

The problem comes if I decide to delete a row. Then
the entire list of sums is replaced by #REF! This
limits the flexibility you would hope to get by using
nsamed ranges.