Questions and comments

As a Redhat 7.x user , by choice, and a need to use Gnumeric, I found
some of the financial functions I needed were missing. Went to the
Gnumeric web and found that the latest and greatest 1.1.6 had the
functions I needed  cumipmt & cumprinc, but that wont run without
Gnome2 and many other upgrades. I downloaded the 1.1.6 src and took
a look at the functions I wanted, since they should be changes to
internal calculations and not GUI stuff.I patched in what I thought
was needed and compiled with debug enabled. Cumipmt function now shows
"value #" insted of "unimplimented", step in the right direction.
I tried to set breakpoints under GDB and see whats happening.
When I run Gnumeric under GDB the breakpoints don't trigger and
the GDB prompt doesn't return, until Gnumeric is exited? What
am I missing?

Maybe someone with more programming talent could impliment the new
functions back into the old world, as they really are internal, and
I'm not the only one out here, that isn't running a current development
system.

For those of you thinking of persuing compiles of 1.0.x versions,
beware that I had to load development rpms for all needed libraries,
or it just wouldn't compile.

Thanks for listening,
                        Jerry