Re: Can't get headers and footers to work

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 08:06, Larry wrote:
When I go to the page setup and setup a header
I can click on the premade headers or customize my own
and in the viewport below the header button I get some
dots but no words.

That's a fixed bug. Please upgrade to 1.2.0 and you should see some text
in the viewports. (This bug does not affect the appearance in the
preview)

When I click on print preview I get,
"no visible output was created".

That means that your spreadsheet is empty. So no pages at all are
printed as a result no headers are shown (since there are no pages).

When I try it out in
my spreadsheet it doesn't show up at all.

I have the header size set at 1.43 inches so there should
be plenty of room for it. I have the page set at 100%

Why can't I get a header? I have read the archives but haven't
found anything that addresses this problem.

If there is text in your spreadsheet and the header/footer space is
large enough then the only reason I could imagine is that the default
font has a problem.

Can you send me a sample gnumeric file that exhibits this problem?

Thanks

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow taliesin ca>
Taliesin