Re: solver bug or bad use?

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 11:52:09 +0100, Nuno Lopes wrote:
i'm trying to use gnumeric's solver to solve linear programming problems
but the solver dialog box has both min and max selected and i can't seem
to be able to change it.

This is a little "odd"! Is it a bug?

Yes.

I'm using version 1.2.0 included in Debian unstable.

It has been fixed in 1.2.1. For now, the Debian packages of 1.2.1 reside in
the `experimental' tree; I cannot update the version in unstable currently
as that would break the whole of the transition of python 2.3 into testing
(see http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=gnumeric) (as it would
prevent 1.2.0 from going into testing). Hopefully, the python transition
will happen in the next 12 hours; then I can get a 1.2.1 build into
unstable.

HTH,
Ray
--
UNIX is not so much a product as it is a painstakingly compiled oral history
of the hacker culture. It is our Gilgamesh epic.