Re: Object toolbar in 1.1.17

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 01:39:16PM -0400, Allin Cottrell wrote:
On Mon, 26 May 2003, I wrote:

How do I get rid of the Object toolbar in gnumeric 1.1.17?  I had my
preferences set for previous gnumeric versions (<= 1.1.16) so that
this toobar did not show, but it is displayed 1.1.17 and I can't find
a menu item to suppress it.

OK, found the problem.  My libgda was not sufficiently up to date, so
gnumeric 1.1.17 didn't get linked against it, so I didn't get the
Preferences option to view or not the various toolbars and my old
gconf preference for hiding the Object toolbar was not read and
respected.

If that's the right diagnosis, it seems it would be better to either
(a) make libgda a requirement or (b) rejig the preferences code so
that it doesn't depend on libgda.

I suspect something else is at work.  The bonobo enabled version has
preferences for enable/disable toolbars.  The non-bonobo version
does not.  libgda probably did not come into play.