Re: gnumeric.h

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 06:58:58PM -0800, peter wrote:
Hello,

I am attempting a gnumeric plugin in 'C'.
I have RH7.3 and gnumeric-devel rpm installed.
There doesn't seem to be any gnumeric.h file.
Where do I get a true gnumeric development RPM?
Or am I missing something else?

I'm not terribly familiar with what any specific distro installs
with their packages.  However, as things stand gnumeric's makefile
system does not install any of its headers publicly as yet.  The api
is still in flux and I've been reticent to have external modules
depending on it.  However, that reasoning really only holds true for
the development series (1.1.x).  The stable branch could very easily
install headers if a distribution wanted to.  The paths and names
are not consistently name spaced, and the paths are not exactly
tidy to it, but it would be doable.

That gives you 3 options as I see it.

1) contact me for a cvs account and add you plugin to the official
   development tree.

2) Have a look at how the R plugin handles the situation.

3) Do a custom install or package of gnumeric-1.0.x from tarball to
   procure a copy the headers.

We're working towards supporting a libgnumeric in the development
tree.  The first stage, creating a standalone library, is easily
doable before 1.2.  The second state, splitting the gtk and non gui
portions into distinct libraries, will have to wait until after 1.2.