command-line export to html (was Re: Gnumeric as a cli spreadsheet format converter)

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 at 04:00PM -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
The nice side effect of this work would be a command line converter
for all of the other formats Gnumeric supports.
eg
    ssconvert file.xls result.sxc

I would really like to see this, especially for HTML.

I'm a TA at a university, and keep my gradebook in a Gnumeric spreadsheet.
Students sometimes ask to see all their grades on homework assignments,
etc, and I have a script that takes an HTML export of my gradebook and
strips out all the grades except for a single student, which can be emailed
to that student. The ssconvert program would eliminate opening Gnumeric and
clicking around to export to HTML.

Thanks a lot. I really like Gnumeric and appreciate your efforts.

Dan

--
|                   DA1A E0F0 7E07 27C3 7539  F2F4 5AF1 2C82 A17E D584 |
|                                     Dan Drake <drake lemongecko org> |