Gnumeric and applix-style views?

I see that gnumeric is one of the few available spreadsheets that can import
Applix Spreadsheet data files (especially the 1.1.x, I understand).

I am wondering about an Applix feature that I've not seen in any other
spreadsheed, including Excel.  That is "Views", in the Applix use of the term.

For those not familiar, an Applix View is a copy of a page of a spreadsheet
which can have rows and colums removed to compress the page into a more
information-rich page.  The data stays the same from the original to the view,
even with subsequent modifications to either view, but the subordinate view
has fewer rows and/or columns.

I have some sheets that make heavy use of this becuase I use a main sheet for
calculations and the subordinate view is printed as an invoice for customers.
When I export to *.xls format, those views are lost.  Therefore gnumeric looks
very attractive to me because it can directly import Applix *.as files.  I'm
hoping it will support the "Views" like Applix does, but the "Views" in the
gnumeric manual are additional windows of the spreadsheet...

Does gnumeric support such a feature?  If so, what is it called that I may
check out the manual on it?

Thanks!
-Michael

--
A billion seconds ago Harry Truman was president.
A billion minutes ago was just after the time of Christ.