Re: optimizer as in excel

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 04:24:12PM +0200, Christoph Lehmann wrote:
does something like that exist in gnumeric? and is it compatible to
excel, i.e. can I import excel sheets which use optimizer functions?

There is a solver in gnumric 1.0.x and 1.1.x.
We haven't connected up xls import or export for it so you will lose
some of the settings, but most of the detail live in cells, so not
all will be lost.  It could probably be hooked up pretty easily with
a decent set of samples and an afternoon.

p.s. what about eigenvalues and eigenvector extraction?
There are no existing functions, but they could be added trivially
if anyone wanted to wrap some.