Re: HSSFSerializer - Extensions?

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 06:12:23PM -0500, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
I am fairly ignorant on xml, but the other day I wanted to be able to
color code a spreadsheet. My hope was to open up the gnumeric doc saved
as xml, look at the fields I color coded and do the rest of the changes
with %s/ in vi.Is their was for an xml doc generated by gnumeric to have
tags for colors?

So you want to tag the cells from within gnumeric then use the tags
to do the modifications directly in the xml ?  Hmm.  Its doable, but
certainly not simple.  The StyleRegions are a level of indirection
between individual cells and formats.  The cell with the content you
want to change will not have a simple text editor mapping back to
the style region.  You'd need to parse the xml.  What are you trying
to do ?  Search and Replace within gnumeric should give you a fair
amount of power.  Please file an enhancement request for this in
bugzilla.gnome.org  It would be fairly simple to extend the style
specification to add 'Custom xml tag', or something like it, for the
next version.

Hope that helps
    Jody