Re: Python bindings bounty

Scripting would be a welcomed addition to gnumeric

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 01:21:41 +0100, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> wrote:

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 01:10, Adrian Custer wrote:
Hey everyone,

This bounty was just announced:
http://www.markshuttleworth.com/bounty.html

Since he wants to pay cash for doing the very work we are planning on,
it seems like we could easily link the work on gnumeric scripting with
the proposed bounty hunt.

The project is actually quite large since it spans everything from the
core of gnumeric to the not-really-existing GNOME office level. As a
start, I'd suggest those who best understand the work that may be
involved trying to come up with some sort of proposal/roadmap or at
least a plan for developing this proposal. The proposal would explain to
me at least what this work is going to require and maybe I could figure
out a way to contribute.

IMO we should try to take advantage of this to finish the shared
scripting engine in the gnome-office module. It contains already a (very
basic) mono scripting engine, so adding python to it and making sure it
is a sane API and implementation could be a step forward for GNOME
Office integration.

cheers