Re: Quick question about GDA

Rodrigo Moya writes:
On Sun, 2002-09-08 at 13:35, matt nottingham virgin net wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use Gnumeric_gdaif (with gnumeric 1.0.9) but I can't
find any useful docs. I've looked through the CVS source but there are
no examples either. I've also looked at the libgda documentation, but
that just seems to give an API reference. What I would like to know is
the format for the DSN argument of execSQL - any examples would be
great (I'm trying to connect to a MySQL database). Whatever I try it
just comes back with "Error: could not open connection to %s" - which
isn't the most helpfull of messages either!

DSN is the name of a GDA data sources, as configured on your system (run
gnomedb-fe and start the 'new dsn' wizard). That wizard will guide you
through all the process of creating the DSN, and the, you just have to
use the name you chose for the DSN as argument to execSQL.

cheers

Thanks for that. I eventually got it to work (gnomedb-fe seems to be
quite buggy and not very user friendly). I now just have to figure out
how to get gnumeric to do something useful with it.

Thanks,

Matt Nottingham